Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy Memories!


I thought I would share this picture with you today.  It was inspired by a photograph on a jeweller friend's blog where she spoke about a last minute trip to Lyme Regis.


The image really inspired me and I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out a smaller format for my collages. This one is 20cm square. I spent a lovely Easter Sunday cutting, pasting and sewing. It was very therapeutic. To see the original blog/photo click on the following link.   http://cbezzant.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/escape-to-country.html

I remember visiting Lyme Regis myself quite a few years ago (probably mid 1980's!) and standing on The Cobb feeling very French Lieutenant's Woman! 
And this image taken by Richard Austin is one of my absolute favourites. Apparently he didn't see the white horse until people pointed it out on facebook - so I'm presuming this hasn't been photoshopped. For more of Richard's photos visit his website here:  

If you have a photograph that you would like me to interpret in paper collage and stitch please do drop me a line at mail@corinnephillips.co.uk  and I will do my best to oblige.  No portraits though please, I work best with landscapes/townscapes!

Hope you have a good rest of the week!
Love, Corinne x




No comments:

Post a Comment