Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Altered Book Exhibition













Most of you will know that I am a member of the Textile and Mixed Media Group Up-Front. We are currently working on new work that will be exhibited at The Beetroot Tree, Derby from 25th July - 6th September. But another exhibition we will be doing is an exhibition of Altered Books for The Small Gallery, Hereford around Christmas time. I don't know if you are familiar with the Altered Book genre. Each member of the Group has chosen a second hand book and a theme. The books travel from one member to the next for each to contribute their own interpretation of the theme. At the end we will all have a book full of the Group's gorgeous artwork.
Anyway I have just finished this month's book (pictured above) which belongs to Gilly Mound, the theme of which is "Where the Heart is" and I thought I would share it with you.
Hope you like it.



1 comment: