Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Knocking Knees!


My hubby and I actually managed to get away for a night WITHOUT KIDS over half term. We travelled down to Bath for the day and stayed in this pretty little pub called The White Hart at Ford which is about 30 minutes north of Bath.
Sorry about the quality of the photographs. It was very dark but I am a sucker for twinkly lights!
Whilst in Bath we came across this clothes store which had its window displays
absolutely packed full of vintage sewing machines.
There must have been at least 200! They looked stunning.
Everyone was taking photographs. Sorry about the reflections
but hopefully you get the idea!

Anyway the reason for the title to this post is that tonight I am due to give
a talk about my textiles/mixed media work!!! I haven't done this for at least
2 years and am getting a little nervous!
I am supposed to talk for an hour - which some of my friends will say would be
easy for me! - but I've tried and tried and it keeps coming out at 30 minutes.
Even when I try and pad it out it's still 30 minutes.
I'll just have to open the floor to questions and hope for the best.
Wish me luck!

Oh and by the way - don't forget to sign up to my mailing list to be
in with a chance of winning a set of 3 lovely fairy brooches.
Winners will be drawn on 1st March.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh...public speaking ugh! I'm sure you will get into the flow of conversation with your listeners and the hour will flyHope you have a great time...such an adrenelin buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment.Hope you managed to shed the nerves and are now feeling thoroughly calm again! Re the All Saints windo - I have seen these in other towns too - they must have bought hundreds of the old machines - they do make a fabulous display though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corinne
    Thanks for popping over my way...

    Sounds like you had a lovely getaway to Bath... and hopefully your talk went well also.. funny isn't it how putting an audience in front of us will makes us clam up...!!! haha ... Julie

    ReplyDelete