Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolution?


This is Edie and she has just given me a right royal talking to and told me that this year I must post to my blog more regularly!! And, therefore, (I hesitate to put this in writing) I aim to do just that! I must also remember to take my camera everywhere!! I could often post an entry but find that my lack of images lets me down!!
Anyway, onward and upward - I am reading a fabulous book at the moment called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Burrows. It is a collection of letters sent just after the end of the Nazi occupation of Guernsey in World War II.  It really is delightful and I would heartily recommend it to you.  It really takes you back to the glorious days of letter writing! and waiting for the Postman to arrive.
I have just finished and sent off new Fairy Wings which will be on exhibition at Leeds Design and Craft Gallery until the end of April - so if any of you are in that part of the country please do see if you can pay them a visit - they are a long way from home and, although they have been briefed to be on their best behaviour, they may get a little homesick!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Corrine,
    good to read a post from you....hooray to more I say.
    Your fairy is divine....so sweet.
    viv x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fairy & the book sounds a real treat. Cheers, Lizzie

    ReplyDelete